Dita Von Teese: Five things I know about vintage make-up
Striking red lipsticks, flawless skin and retro glamour were all over the fashion week catwalks.
Here, pin-up Dita Von Teese, who’s just launched her own make-up collection, ArtDeco Dita’s Classics at Debenhams, tells you how to get the look…
Flawless Dita Von Teese has just launched her own make-up collection and knows just how to achieve the vintage look
DITA’S TOP TIPS
1. Alabaster skin is the perfect base for a vintage look. I’d never dream of getting a tan — I always wear sunscreen and put on a hat when I’m out in the sun.
2. Classic red lipstick is the most chic beauty statement a women can make. Matte lips are like luscious rose petals. Add just a touch of gloss to the centre.
3. In the Thirties and Forties, leaving the half-moon at the bottom of your nail was the epitome of elegance. It has now become modern and chic again. Try using ArtDeco Dita’s Classics nail lacquer, available in four shades at £10.24 each, from Debenhams.
4. For a dramatic look, I start with a neutral lid, define a line of black shadow in the crease. Finish with a sparkling white on your brow bone and eyelid.
5. I always powder my nose using pressed powder in an exquisite, jewelled compact. They are hard to find, but try eBay.